April 2014: Schaltbau, the German quoted engineering group acquires 40% of the shares of Albatros S.L. with options to acquire the remaining 60% over 5 years. Albatros is the leading global player in on board power transformation systems and public address systems for the railway industry.

Concurrently, Schaltbau is also acquiring 100% of the shares of a subsidiary company of Albatros, ALTE Transportation S.L. (‘ALTE’) based in Barcelona which specializes in toilet and air conditioning systems. ALTE is the world’s market leader for complete toilet systems for trains and operates throughout Europe, the US, South America and Asia.

The transactions allows Albatros to emerge from insolvency proceedings and provides it with a strong industrial partner for its future development.

The transactions enable the Schaltbau Group to expand its product range and to strengthen its presence both in the Spanish market and in North and South America.

SOCIOS acts as financial advisors to Albatros Group and its shareholders throughout its restructuring process and the sale of the business.